The Growth of the Soil
Friday, February 18, 2005
 
What the OMFUG?
You boys (and it is all boys, isn't it? What's wrong, Simon Marcus, with a little womanhood in this community? Maybe the feminine touch is just what this sometime acidbath needs to give it the reason you so soundly seek) would do well to join me in my new battle against the forces of the so-called free market. I'm a poor professional writer with an axe to grind. And I have this to say: We live in a society that despises art, shuns unprofitable innovation, and has turned its back on beauty. It is also afraid of Rock. Witness me, grinding my axe:

I once groped two willing women in the backstage stable of CBGBs. We all three were drunk. I had just played a Rock Concert (see "Art... Innovation... Beauty" reference above) onstage, and these two women - girls, really, redolent of cigarettes and bubble gum - met me afterwards for the post-show reverie. We rolled around for a while on the filthy floor, and I felt, if only for a moment on a smoky night at the turn of the century, like one of NYC's chosen, a swinish and smiling czar.

[Profanity warning] So fuck the Man and his petty motivations, his mendacious, immoral $40,000 rents. Let's burn the block down.
Comments:
Oh yeah, Dani? Well libertarians are weird!

link fixed.
 
How appropriate, since Tonic is probably closing down next month for the same reason.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger