The Growth of the Soil
Tuesday, February 15, 2005
 
Discussion Piece
Missle Defense. It seems the government spent $85 mln on its recent failed attempt at testing a missle defense system. Where do the contributors to this Blog stand on the Bush administrations continued funding of a scaled down star wars? This NYT article briefly states a few position points, but fails to dig into this significant issue. I believe we need to shelf the Gipper's foolish dream and allocate the funds elsewhere. Perhaps towards education or job training programs. I simply don't see the value in dumping $85 mln into the Pacific every few months. I yield the floor.
Comments:
Given the fact that the real of Nuclear attack in this country is almost certainly of the land-born, dirty-bomb nature, I can't think of a more useless initiative.
 
Oh alright, I didn't give my answer enough thought. Daniel is probably right that we can't completely ignore the threat of an airborne attack - especially, in the long term, from China.

As an aside, Daniel, I wish you would post some original stuff and stop following me around the comments sections flaming! Just kidding.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

Powered by Blogger